Application Deadline:December 1, 2021.
ArtsEverywhere is pleased to once again issue an open call for submissions for the 2022 Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism. The Fay Chiang Fellowship is a year-long program of support for any individual artist/journalist/writer/musician/producer/collective whose work integrates creative practice with rigorous journalistic research, writing and multimedia production.
The theme of the 2022 Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism is: “Fault Lines & Fragile States”
Project proposals should conform to the approaches of reportage and long-form narrative storytelling exhibited in ArtsEverywhere’s Curse of Geography series. While we do not expect the work of the fellow to replicate the stories in the series, preferred submissions will emphasize collaborative engagement with independent artists, journalists, producers and/or cultural institutions. Projects highlighting critical issues in underreported parts of the world will be given preference.
The fellow will receive $15,000CAD as a fee and $5,000CAD for travel, equipment and other project costs. Fellows will be required to present a mid-project progress report, deliver the final project no later than December 15, 2022.
How to Apply
- Cover letter: 1 page, single spaced, resume/cv, short bio
- Story Pitch: 500 words (concise, clear concept note)
- Treatment of your story idea that illustrates the narrative structure, arc, and connectivity with sources and potential partners
- Work samples: 2 previous projects that demonstrate experience and quality of work
- A letter of reference: additional letters will be accepted, but are not required
- Website, digital portfolio, any links to previous or related work
All inquiries and proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation receipt within 24 hours. All applicants will be notified of their proposal’s status by the selection committee on December 15th, 2021.
Official Website: 2022 Fay Chiang Fellowship for Artistic Journalism