Application Deadline: June 10, 2022.
The Vilcek Foundation will award three Creative Promise Prizes of $50,000 each to young, immigrant biomedical scientists who demonstrate outstanding early achievement.
- You were born outside the United States to non-American parentsYou are not more than 38 years old
- You are a biomedical scientist who has conducted creative, independent research in basic, applied, and/or translational biomedical science
- Have been born outside the United States of America to non-American parents.
- Not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2022 (born on or after January 1, 1984). Exceptions will be made for applicants who were born on or after January 1, 1982 and experienced career interruptions due to caregiving, medical, military or parental leave.
- Have lived in the United States for at least four years (or immigrated to the United States on or before December 31, 2018).
- Be one of the following: a naturalized citizen or a permanent resident of the United States; a H-1B or O-1 visa holder with a valid visa stamp; a H-4 visa holder with a valid EAD card; a recipient of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) relief; an asylee or an asylum seeker who has applied for asylum and has a valid EAD card.
- Have earned a doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent).
- Hold a full-time position at an academic institution or other organization. Eligible positions include: assistant or associate professor, or equivalent independent position.
- Be directly responsible for the design and execution of the entire work submitted for consideration and have at least one publication as corresponding author.
- Intend to pursue a professional career in the United States.
- Not be a past recipient of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise.
- Unrestricted cash prize of $50,000 is awarded to each prizewinner
- Reflect on how your experience as an immigrant has shaped your success
- Receive an invaluable endorsement of your contributions to biomedical science from leaders in your field
- Winners are featured in a public relations campaign that promotes their work
Official Website: 2023 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science