Application Deadline: November 28th 2021
The Public Diplomacy Sections of the U.S. Embassy in Madrid and the U.S. Consulate General in Barcelona (referred to collectively as “PD Spain”) announce an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) program for participants in Spain.
The goal of this project is to share lessons and practices from the United States with new businesses operating in the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystems and prepare them for potential collaboration with U.S. clients, customers, and investors. The project also aims to empower women entrepreneurs in Spain to fulfill their economic potential, and in doing so, create conditions for a more prosperous society.
• The objective of the project is to engage English-speaking Spanish or non U.S. foreign resident female entrepreneurs in Spain with different profiles and backgrounds in an educational program to equip them with the skills needed for the successful development of their business ideas.
• The awardee will develop a program aimed at increasing entrepreneurial capacity of AWE beneficiaries that integrates the English-language DreamBuilder online course as one of its key components. A single AWE program must encompass at least five facilitated inperson sessions that will provide the participants with an opportunity to discuss the topics addressed in each of the DreamBuilder modules, and to build a network of like-minded entrepreneurs amongst the participants. The modules may be augmented to target relevant specific challenges faced by Spanish entrepreneurs, and to accommodate the topics of guest speaker talks.
• Applicants are encouraged to build a comprehensive program in support of the skills gained by participants through the DreamBuilder sessions. These may include mentorship activities, guest speaker talks, partnerships with business incubators, speed-networking, and/or pitch competitions.
• Participants of this program should be comfortable taking a course and completing assignments in English. Awardee should be able to demonstrate extensive experience in organizing entrepreneurship or business programs and should have an established network of entrepreneurs, business leaders, and investors throughout Spain.
The following organizations registered in Spain are eligible to apply:
• Registered public or private non-profit organizations, such as business associations, foundations, and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience.
• Non-profit or governmental educational institutions; and
• Governmental institutions
U.S. or third-country organizations are not eligible for a grant under this program unless in partnership with a Spanish entity.
Official Website: Academy for Women Entrepreneurs Spain 2022