Application Deadline: November 14th, 2021
9 fashion founders, 6 months, endless possibilities. Get access to industry experts, resources, and funding.
AFROPUNK is partnering with Shopify to bring you the Black Fashion Accelerator—a catalyst for Black creative potential and expression. This program seeks to find, develop, and platform exceptional Black founders in the fashion industry, investing in their success at every step of the entrepreneurial journey. Through our application process, the Shopify and AFROPUNK Black Fashion Accelerator will source nine trailblazing fashion entrepreneurs from the AFROPUNK community, to take advantage of this meaningful growth and mentorship opportunity. Over a six-month period (starting January 2022), we will tell your entrepreneurial stories; provide tangible, actionable business learnings, tools, and resources; and offer a sustainable business roadmap to supercharge your success.
- • Established FASHION company
- • Majority ownership by a Black founder
- • Incorporated business for at least three months
- • Based in the United States
- • Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- • Evidence of customer traction and market validation
- • Must be on the Shopify platform or willing to migrate to
the Shopify platform (technical support will be provide
- • Industry leading experts
- • Resources, materials, and the know-how to grow and scale your business
- • 1:1 coaching and mentoring opportunities
- • Intensive curriculum including courses, webinars, and workshops
- • Connect, collaborate and build community with other designers in the program
- • Spotlights on social media, blogs, and other platforms
- • A chance to showcase your designs at our end-of-program Fashion Show in NYC on Juneteenth 2022
- • A $5,000 grant upon completion of the program
- • … As well as additional perks and opportunities throughout your journey!
Official Website: Afropunk/Shopify Black Fashion Accelerator Program