Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Ahimsa Fellowship aims at mentoring and training young individuals from across India to attain proficiency in animal welfare advocacy. The curriculum of the program has been curated with inputs from leading experts in the field of animal welfare and the social sector. Ahimsa Fellows will work to render assistance to the State Governments and District Administration and law enforcement agencies for the enforcement of animal protection laws.
A comprehensive 9 month leadership training program has been designed to bolster the capacity of fellows to emerge as effective animal advocates. It offers a unique learning opportunity for advocates, activists and persons inclined towards animals to learn how to protect animals through law enforcement and advocacy.
The Ahimsa Fellowship is powered by People For Animals and People For Animals Uttarakhand. It is supported by Ahimsa Trust, Humane Society International – India, Mercy For Animals – India and Kaivalya Education Foundation.
- Graduation degree in any discipline
- Good communication skills [English and a regional language(desirable)]
- Passion for animal welfare/animal rights
- Persistence, lateral thinking, innovation and being a team player
- Between 22 and 35 years old
- Be available to attend the full 9 month duration of the program
- Indian National
- Mentorship with the best experts in the field of animal welfare
- Enrollment in National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Hyderabad, One Year Advanced Diploma in Animal Protection Laws
- Travel and accommodation to New Delhi or other venue for mandatory contact classes and field work
- Experiential learning
- Peer learning
- Placement Opportunities to build a career in animal advocacy
- Selection to the Fellowship is highly competitive.
- Candidates are required to fill a detailed application form.
- Based on the quality of the answers submitted in the form, applicants will be shortlisted for a phone-interview.
- Final selection of Fellows involves an interview with the selection committee.
Official Website: Ahimsa Fellowship