Application Deadline: October 8, 2021
AWS is committed to helping you achieve the highest levels of security in the cloud. Our security services use cutting edge machine learning algorithms to improve the security posture of AWS accounts. We aim to continue advancing the state of the art in some of the most challenging problems in information security. We are seeking to fund machine learning research on the following topics in information security:
- Threat, intrusion and anomaly detection for cloud security
- ML for malware analysis and detection
- Finding security vulnerabilities using ML
- Protecting and preserving data privacy in the cloud
- Learning with limited/noisy labels and weakly supervised learning
- Causal inference for information security
- Graph modeling and anomaly detection on graphs
- Zero/One-shot learning for information security
Please refer to the ARA Program rules on the FAQ page.
Selected Principal Investigators (PIs) may receive the following:
- Unrestricted funds, no more than $80,000 USD on average
- AWS Promotional Credits, no more than $20,000 USD on average
- Training resources, including AWS tutorials and hands-on sessions with Amazon scientists and engineers
Awards are structured as one-year unrestricted gifts. The budget should include a list of expected costs specified in USD, and should not include administrative overhead costs. The final award amount will be determined by the awards panel.
ARA will make the funding decisions based on the potential impact to the research community and quality of the scientific content.