Application Deadline:March 4, 2021
Responsible investing is referred to as a “megatrend” in the financial world. Enterprises increasingly build their value on the basis of the idea of the ESG (environmental, social and governance) indicators. Furthermore, investment companies are more and more willing to use ESG scores to manage portfolios.
The effective combination of quantitative methods and non-financial (alternative) data allows for the verification of the suitability of ESG criteria in the investment process.
The AI IN ESG INVESTING is the first competition of this kind in Europe, consisting in building an ESG index based on financial, non-financial and alternative data, as well as assessing the effectiveness of using ESG criteria in the investment process.
The competition is dedicated to students from Poland and CEE Region (faculties: economics, finance and accounting, quantitative methods, management). Each team consists of 2 to 4 people. The competition is conducted in English.
AI IN ESG INVESTING. THE TASK
The teams’ task is both to create an ESG index based on financial, non-financial and alternative data and to evaluate the effectiveness of using ESG criteria in the investment process.
1. The data and indicator that are the result of the project relate to the ESG components: environment, social responsibility and corporate governance
2. The uniqueness of the data sets and the proposed approach to the analyses used in the task will be particularly important in the evaluation process
3. The solution should be adapted to the analytical process.
COMPETITION AWARDS. THE BEST TEAMS
Join our competition and win attractive awards for the best teams! The best three teams will be awarded:
1. The winning team receives 4000 EUR and will be invited to join a dedicated webinar as panelists. In addition, our competition partners are going to offer internships for team members. The best task solution will be awarded with a short publication on Internet.
2. The second place team receives 2000 EUR + an internship offer by our partners
3. The third place team receives 1000 EUR + an internship offer by our partners
HOW TO APPLY
Register YOUR team. APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will contact you after your notification.
We ask you to download rules of the AI IN ESG INVESTING and ESG report (an introduction to ESG). Documents are available in Polish and English.
The Rules and Conditions of Participation (Polish) Download »
The Rules and Conditions of Participation (English) Download »
ESG Report (Introduction in Polish) Download »
ESG Report (Introduction in English) Download »
Because of COVID-19 pandemic the AI in ESG Investing will be held online.
January 19, 2021 — Registration for student teams is open
March 4, 2021 — Deadline for teams’ registration (apply: email@example.com)
March 5 till April 6, 2021 — Preparing and sending reports
April 6 till April 15, 2021 — Assessment
April 15, 2021 — Winners Announcement
April 16, 2021 — Handing over of the 2nd task
April 16 till May 09, 2021 — Preparation and sending of the report
May 09 till May 17, 2021 — Assessment
May 18, 2021 — Winners Announcement
Official Website: AI in ESG Investing Competition 2021