Application Deadline: 12 February 2021
As the world becomes smaller and more connected, our roles as global citizens are increasingly vital to make the world a fairer, more equal and sustainable place.
As the leaders of tomorrow and the next generation of innovators, we know young people are using their creativity, drive and innovative thinking to tackle the challenges faced by millions across the world, which is why this year we are calling on 11-16 year olds across the UK to answer the call to action:
How can you use technology to create an app, product or service that will make the world a better place, enabling people to live better, live longer, live greener and live together?
Before you submit your application, make sure you’re eligible for the Amazon Longitude Explorer Prize!
- All team members must be between 11-16 years old at the point of entry (12 February 2021)
- Teams must be made up of between two and five people
- All teams must be represented by an adult as a guardian throughout the challenge, who must be a member of staff at the school or youth group of the team entering
- The competition is open to any constituted secondary school or youth group based in the UK
- Schools/groups can enter more than one team into the competition
How do I come up with an idea?
- We have developed activities to help you come up with an idea
- Look through the judging criteria
- Take a look at the entry form guidance and checklist
- If you come up with more than one idea, that’s great! You can submit as many ideas as you would like.
Before you apply
- Have you read the judging criteria? (Remember at the entry stage we are just looking for an idea with potential)
- Have you read through the eligibility criteria?
- Have you read the terms and conditions?
- Have you looked through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Official Website: Amazon Longitude Explorer Prize