Application Deadline: July 27, 2021 at 11:59 p.m
Blueprint: Backing BIPOC Businesses™, is a mentorship and grant program designed to support the advancement of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) business owners across Canada.
In 2021, 100 Blueprint recipients will take part in a comprehensive mentorship program designed to provide the tools, resources and community to help BIPOC entrepreneurs thrive – plus, recipients will receive a $10,000 CAD grant to help take their business to the next level.
Blueprint is powered by the DMZ, in consultation with BIPOC-focused community organizations across Canada. The Blueprint mentorship program is made possible by a grant from the American Express Foundation. Additionally, American Express Canada is contributing $1,000,000 in grants to be disbursed to the 100 selected participants
The Blueprint mentorship program is made possible by a grant from the American Express Foundation. Additionally, American Express Canada is contributing $1,000,000 in grants to be disbursed to the 100 selected participants.
To be eligible for Blueprint, an applicant must:
- Identify as a member of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community
- Be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent resident of Canada, or Hold Current and Valid Authorization under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be a founder, owner, or hold a senior position within a privately held, for-profit company, where the company is at least 50% owned by BIPOC owners or founders
- Have a business incorporated in Canada, where the business is primarily operated and managed in Canada, with a maximum of $500,000 CAD in annual revenue
- Your business must be currently active in the Canadian market or have been previously active in the Canadian market (i.e. made sales and/or have an existing customer base
- Speak English or French fluently
- You will receive access to all elements of the mentorship program as well as individualized support.
- The individualized support includes an assigned Program Lead from the DMZ who will ensure you are able to access all available resources, answer questions, provide guidance and help troubleshoot any issues you may have.
Selected participants will receive a grant letter by August 17, 2021 and will receive their grants by August 31, 2021.
How to Apply
Eligible business owners can apply via this site until July 27, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. For more information on what to expect after you complete your application, please refer to the How it Works section.
Official Website: Backing BIPOC Businesses Program 2021