Application Deadline: September 28. 2021
We’re excited to announce that applications for the Facebook Reader Revenue Program are now open for news organizations in Central and Eastern Europe.Publishers from Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are encouraged to apply for this training opportunity by September 28.This learning series, offered by the Facebook Journalism Project in partnership with the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), is designed to empower up to 15 selected publishers with intensive training, individual coaching and $50,000 USD in grant funding to help participants supercharge their reader revenue models.
This program, which will begin in mid October and conclude in early 2022, features live virtual sessions led by expert coaches who will guide participants through rigorous and interactive lessons. These lessons come in addition to weekly expert coaching from industry leaders that will help Accelerator participants sharpen their reader revenue strategies.“The need for independent media is more urgent than ever,” said Johanna Carrillo, vice president of programs at ICFJ. “This initiative will help news outlets in the region strengthen their bottom lines, so they can better serve the public well into the future.”
- You are a news organization of any type (digital, print, broadcast, etc.) located in Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania publishing public interest news content on a regular basis.
- Your news organization has an existing reader revenue business (membership, subscription, donation) or plans to launch one within the next ninety days.
- Your news organization is willing to commit to the program’s requirements including:
- You are willing to commit a cross-functional team of two to five members to the program.
- You understand this team will commit roughly five hours per week to this program, including group sessions and your own team’s coaching calls.
- You have at least two team members who are able to communicate in English when translation is not available.
- You are willing to share the results of your organization’s tests conducted during the program openly with other program participants and keep the results of other program participants’ results confidential.
Official Website: Announcing the Central and Eastern Europe Reader Revenue Accelerator