Application Deadline: March 15, 2022.
Annual Reviews has created our first Global Climate Change Fellowship to explore how best to serve the needs of individuals and groups seeking unbiased research information on global climate change, including policy makers, business professionals, educators, journalists, activists and other members of society.
Do you have experience in climate change research, a passion for understanding the needs of non-scientists for accurate information and an interest in contributing to new media products?
If so, this Fellowship offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of accurate, useful and engaging products and services that bridge climate change research to policy, industry, education and the public at large.
This is a remote full-time role available to candidates who reside in the following states: CA, CO, GA, HI, MA, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, VA, WA or WI. Some travel will be required, up to 5%.
Annual Reviews (AR) is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. Our top-ranked journals and highly cited reviews—written by some of the world’s foremost experts in their fields—promote innovation and awareness among researchers and students. AR also produces Knowable Magazine, an award-winning publication which explores the real-world significance of scholarly work through a journalistic lens.
- 3 years of research experience in a scientific discipline (e.g. physical, biological, health, social or economic science) related to climate change
- A Master’s degree although a PhD is strongly preferred
- A demonstrable interest in integrating and disseminating knowledge
- Very good analytical and creative skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work independently
- Enthusiasm for encountering new ideas and the ability to synthesize them to create new points of view
- Good work ethic, team player, collaborative, positive and self-motivated
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; additional languages would be an asset
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present ideas in a proficient and organized manner
- Cover letter
- 2-3 Writing Samples
We will be unable to consider applications without the materials indicated above.
All candidates also must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Official Website: Annual Reviews Global Climate Change Fellowship in Publishing