Please read the eligibility guidelines below to check that you are eligible to apply.
See the list of proposed dates for the 2022/2023 program at the bottom of this page.
These are subject to confirmation upon the acceptance of students.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our timelines for the interviews and commencement of the program have shifted. All candidates who applied before 8 May will be considered as part of our “early consideration” round.
The program will accept up to 20 students.
- Be a current undergraduate or postgraduate student at the University of Melbourne.
- Have completed at least one semester of an undergraduate degree prior to the commencement of the program.
- Be in good academic standing. There is no WAM requirement for the Fellowship.
Domestic and international; part-time and full-time students are eligible for this program.
- Written answers to questions that correspond to the selection criteria.
- Evidence that demonstrates the applicant’s leadership qualities and ability to succeed in the program (this could take shape in the form of a reference letter or a portfolio of previous efforts for example).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a short interview with the Wattle Fellowship selection committee consisting of program staff, a University of Melbourne expert and external practitioner. This interview, along with the submitted information will be assessed across the four selection criteria.