Application Deadline: 06/05/2022
Ready to scale your innovation or enterprise? Duke-UNICEF Social Innovation Accelerator is looking for social entrepreneurs tackling the most challenging problems facing children globally.
- Is a nonprofit, hybrid, or for-profit social enterprise
- Has one to two founders/executives/senior leaders or program managers that can represent the enterprise over the course of the 15-month Accelerator and are comfortable and proficient in working in English
- Organization representatives are under the age of 35, strong preference will be given to participants under 30
- Has strong evidence of impact over at least 1-2 years and has a plan for how to use the Duke-UNICEF award to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years
- Deploys a promising WASH product and/or service, innovative supply chain model, business model, or other approach that has potential for widespread, sustainable impact
- Enterprise or enterprise innovation adheres to UNICEF Innovation Principles
- Active in any country, or multiple countries, in East Asia and the Pacific
- Preference for a diverse, gender-equitable team; female entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply
- Current student teams are not eligible
- $25,000 unrestricted, one-time grant
- Personalized coaching from social enterprise experts at Duke University and field experts from UNICEF
- Bespoke mentoring
- Customized capacity building and scale curriculum
- Duke University student and faculty support
- Access to their broad networks
The third cohort will be made up of social enterprises working specifically on issues related to SDG 6 in East Asia and the Pacific.
They are particularly looking for innovations that make WASH adaptive, safe, and resilient with a focus on engaging youth. Innovations that contribute to futureproofing WASH, climate resilience or adaptation, or the circular economy are particularly encouraged to apply.
Official Website: Apply to the Accelerator’s Young Changemakers Cohort