Application Deadline: January 14th, 2022.
The Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards recognize global excellence in food innovation and community impact.
In 2022, two awards will be given:
• Research Impact: One award will recognize a researcher, or group of researchers, who has an advanced understanding of food production, processing, distribution, consumption, safety and/or human nutrition, with a significant benefit to food systems or wider society. Likely themes include food science, the environmental impact of agriculture, crop or livestock genetics, agroecology, soil health, food animal health and production, pest management, supply chain management, food processing, food packaging, food safety, food consumption, human nutrition, food retail/marketing.
• Community Impact: The other award will recognize an individual, or group of individuals, who has contributed to improved nutritional health and/or food security, with a focus on strengthening disadvantaged communities. Likely themes include food sovereignty, food production, food distribution/ access, food insecurity, community development and governance, household nutrition, urban poverty, traditional food systems, socioeconomic policy, empowerment of under-served communities, food and nutrition literacy.
Citizens of any country are eligible for nomination, with no restrictions on gender, race, religion, creed or residency.
• Nominations may come from private companies, academic institutions, governmental units, charitable foundations, and not-for-profit organisations. In the case of multiple nominations from a single organization, only the one with the latest date will be accepted.
This first award recognizes a researcher, or group of researchers, who has advanced understanding of food production, processing, distribution, consumption, safety and/or human nutrition, with a significant positive impact on society.
It Includes, but are not limited to, food science, crop or livestock genetics, agro-ecology, pest management, supply chain management, soil health, human nutrition, food processing, food packaging, or food safety.
We reserve the right to make changes to the process as necessary. We will make any changes transparently and without giving an advantage to any nominees or groups.
Our expected timeline is as follows:
• October 25, 2021: Open nominations
• January 14, 2022: Nominations close
• January – February 2022: Administrative checks, then eligible nominations to Adjudicators
• March 2022: Adjudication Panel meets to select recipients.
• April 2022: Recipients announced
Official Website: Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards