Application Deadline: September 15th, 2021
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB advertises internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
The internship application process is online through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES). School registration and nomination is no longer required.
Application period for the 2021 Internship Program:
- 1st batch: 15 July to 15 September 2021
- On board: January 2022 onwards
- 2nd batch: 1 December 2021 to 31 January 2022
- On board: June 2022 onwards
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Official Website: ADB Internship Program 2021