The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science, and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D. In addition to offering scholarships and awards for undergraduate, PhD and post-doctoral studies at top universities and laboratories locally and overseas, we offer awards and attachment opportunities for pre-university students.
Singapore’s Research, Innovation and Enterprise ecosystem has developed significantly over the past decade, and has grown to include a growing number of public and private R&D players. This has in turn resulted in a growing demand for PhD talent in various fields.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, academia, spin-off companies, patent examination, technology transfer and research management after their first two years with A*STAR.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Have strong interest in a research career
- Have outstanding undergraduate results (preferably 1st Class Honours Degree or equivalent) in relevant disciplines
- Have applied or be applying for a PhD programme at a top global university
- Successful candidates are required to undergo a one-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute prior to their PhD studies
PHD AND MASTERS
- National Science Scholarship (PhD)
- National Science Scholarship (Masters)
- A*STAR Computing And Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship
- A*STAR Graduate Scholarship (Singapore)
- A*STAR-University of Warwick (AWP) EngD Partnership
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
- A*STAR Research Attachment Programme (ARAP)
Official Website: A*STAR Scholarships 2021