Application Deadline: 28 October 2022
The Australian Government seeks applications for its Direct Aid Program (DAP) in Papua New Guinea. The small grants program supports small-scale sustainable development projects and activities in the fields of water and sanitation, environmental protection, food security, scientific research, and others. Eligibility extends to community groups, NGOs and academic institutions engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
The DAP focuses on projects that:
- improve the livelihood of communities;
- are sustainable and have lasting development impacts.
The DAP also looks favourably on projects:
- promoting women’s empowerment, indigenous groups and vulnerable minority groups;
- that focus on climate change and environmental protection;
- that have the support of a trustworthy referee;
- where the community makes a contribution to, or is involved in, the implementation of the project; and
- where other donors also support the project.
Official Website: Australian Government — Direct Aid Program Papua New Guinea