Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST, November 12th, 2021.
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
- This program is suitable for students intending to pursue a Masters or PhD degree in a Canadian university in the field of machine learning (ML) or artificial intelligence (AI).
- Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate strong research capabilities and present a sound research proposal for work related to their graduate degree.
- To be considered, you must have proof of continuous enrolment at the Canadian university between January 2022-August 2022. You do not need to be enrolled in a Canadian graduate program at the time of the application, but you will be asked to provide proof of enrolment for the relevant academic year for the award to be administered. Borealis AI cannot guarantee admission to a Canadian graduate program, but the fellowship will be used to support your studies while you are attending.
- The award will be administered to the winners by their university in the form of a stipend and either as one lump sum payment or in instalments at the university’s sole discretion.
- Winners must submit a 2-to-5-page final report to Borealis AI that outlines how this award helped them advance their studies in the field of machine learning
Please gather the following materials in order to proceed with your application. You will not be able to save the application once you start.
- CV with links to publications (if applicable).
- Transcripts: Most recent transcripts from Graduate Program (or Bachelor Degree transcripts, if this is your first year in Graduate School). English & original language – combined into one file.
- Research Proposal (1,000 words maximum).
- Two letters of recommendation from those familiar with your work. You will be asked to provide contact information for your references to submit their responses.
- If you experience any technical issues please contact us here.
- Once the winners have been officially announced, the names of successful applicants will be published on our website. By accepting the award, you agree and consent to participate in announcement plans by Borealis AI (including but not limited to announcement of the winners’ names and the use of their pictures in our website, blog posts, promotion in social media posts, interviews, videos, celebration gatherings, and other promotional activities).
- You further acknowledge that you, or any third party representing you, will not be given monetary compensation for the use of these promotional materials. This promotional material maybe combined, modified or edited according to RBC’s discretion for the purposes of producing, and distributing materials related to promotions, advertisements, and communications.
- Borealis AI-sponsored results must explicitly credit Borealis AI. Borealis AI funding should be acknowledged in publications.
- Borealis AI and RBC are not responsible for any part of the university admission processes nor for the issuance of Canadian study permits for international applicants.
- Internships with Borealis AI are encouraged, but not guaranteed or required for fellowship recipients.
- Fellowship recipients are not subject to intellectual property restrictions, unless they complete an internship with Borealis AI. Recipients, who are also interning with Borealis AI or RBC, are subject to the same intellectual property obligations as any other Borealis AI or RBC intern.
Official Website: Borealis AI Fellowship, nurturing the AI leaders of tomorrow