Application Deadline: February 23, 2022
The Boston Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) is an award-winning program in a key innovation market. Boston has the number one biotech cluster in the world. Boston provides tremendous opportunities for Canadian companies with its established ecosystem and high concentration of strategic partners, investors and clients. The CTA global business development program can give you the knowledge and connections you need to enter and succeed in this market.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we are currently offering our CTA programs virtually. In-market program will resume based on advice from public health agencies once travel restrictions are lifted.
We are seeking fast-growing Canadian technology or life sciences companies in one of the following areas:
- information and communications technologies
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- software as a service
- internet of things (IoT)
- data analytics
- medical devices
- digital health and research tools
We are seeking Canadian innovators who have:
- a revenue-generating business (exception for life sciences companies who must be post-seed with over $1 million in non-dilutive and equity financing)
- a differentiated and validated technology or product
- traction in the market place with at least a minimum viable product and quantifiable evidence of maturity (revenue, number of users or investment)
- demonstrated product-market fit by being able to define your target audience, and the problem you solve
- a passionate, strong and committed management team with at least one senior manager (C-level or founder) who can commit to participating in the entire program, and a seasoned advisory board
- clear objectives and a strategy for entry to Boston along with matching key performance indicators
- readiness to talk with potential partners
- financial resources to cover in-market costs (if the travel restrictions are lifted)
The TCS supports equality and diversity in trade. We strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
The CTA program includes:
- mentorship and strategic advice from a team of high-level executives, successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and angel investors
- introductions to industry leaders, investors, academia and research institutions and key private and governmental decision-makers
- pitch and presentation coaching to help localize your messaging for the market
- program and networking opportunities at world-class industry associations and leading accelerators
This 6 to 8 month program will offer virtual support beginning April 1, 2022 and will take between 4 to 8 hours per week. Companies will participate in:
- welcome orientation sessions
- strategic mentoring sessions
- networking events
- tailored business development support
Applications are now open.