Application Deadline: Friday, March 25, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
The COVID-19 pandemic magnified the divide between small businesses that had a digital presence and those that strictly relied on their physical storefront for advertisement and customer draw. In an effort to narrow this “digital divide”, the City of Buena Park has partnered with the Orange County/Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to offer a six- to seven-week Small Business Digital Marketing Program, which will provide training and funding to help small businesses learn the skills to create and maintain a digital presence.
To be eligible to apply for the Small Business Digital Marketing Program, a business must meet all of the following criteria:
- The business must be a for-profit business physically located in Buena Park; and
- The business must be located in a commercial or industrial space; and
- The business must have an active Buena Park business license for a minimum of six (6) months prior to application; and
- As of the prior calendar year, the business must have ten (10) or less employees (full time equivalent); and
- The business must be in good standing with the City (current on bills, no liens or judgements, etc.), unless directly correlated to COVID-19 impacts; and
- The business must submit the application and all required supporting
- City employees or elected and appointed officials are not eligible to participate in this program.
Businesses that have previously received alternative sources of funding such as the City of Buena Park Small Business Emergency Relief Grant, the Economic Injury Disaster loan (EIDL), or Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan are eligible to apply provided they also meet the criteria above.
The following documents must be submitted by for consideration of a grant request:
- Complete grant application and all of its attachments
- Active City of Buena Park Business License at least 6 months prior to the date of application
- Employment verification self-certification
- Copy of lease/grant deed demonstrating proof of commercial/industrial business address
- Documentation supporting proposed use of grant funds
Note: Additional documents may be required.
Official Website: Buena Park – Small Business Digital Marketing Grant Program