Application Deadline: 10/31/2022
Apply for Call for Code Global Challenge and learn about AI, cloud development and emerging technologies while you make a difference.
Participants of this event must be 18 years old or have reached the age of emancipation in the jurisdiction in which they are submitting their project, whichever is greater.
As part of the 5th annual Call for Code Global Challenge, design and build an open source solution in the cloud to take on a sustainability issue. We’re calling on teams of developers and problem solvers to leverage open innovation and develop technology solutions that address specific global sustainability problems in unique, clearly demonstrable ways. The top Global Challenge solution receives implementation support from IBM and the Call for Code ecosystem to make a real impact in the communities with the greatest need.
Your Global Challenge solution should address one of the diverse challenges aligned to sustainability:
- Build effective and efficient ways to quantifiably promote, preserve, and protect biodiversity
- Reduce global food insecurity through, as examples, improvements to distribution or sustainable farming practices
- Remove barriers to equal education access and job opportunities to further environmental justice
- Improve the ability to measure, analyze, or take decisive action on carbon emissions
- Improve access to affordable and reliable clean energy
- Improve supply chain transparency and traceability to bring fast and accurate visibility to sustainability issues where they arise
- Address issues of water scarcity and quality
- Reduce volume of and demand for materials that create the biggest waste footprint (plastics, electronics, food, textile), and encourage reuse/recycle opportunities.