Application Deadline: 31 December 2021.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and International Economic Association (IEA) are pleased to invite papers for the 2022 ADB-IEA Innovative Policy Research Award.
The ADB-IEA Innovative Policy Research Award aims to promote the application of innovative empirical research in economics to support evidence-based policies in addressing key development challenges in Asia and the Pacific.
There is no restriction on topics or themes. ADB’s current operational priorities include (i) tackling climate change as the region is currently producing a half of the global greenhouse gas emission, (ii) addressing inequality due to digital divide following rapid digitalization in many countries in the region, (iii) enhancing regional cooperation to facilitate faster recovery of trade and investment in the region, and (iv) increasing fiscal and economic resilience post pandemic.
Submissions should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The paper must be an original research work in economics that provides evidence for better solutions/policies to address a key development challenge in Asia and the Pacific;
- The paper has been or has potential to be considered for publication in a peer-reviewed journal;
- Researcher is willing to work with policymakers in an ADB developing member to test and develop the research into policy solutions;
- Researchers from any country may apply, but the policy solutions must be relevant for an ADB developing member country; and
- We especially encourage young and female scholars and researchers from universities, think-tanks, and academic institutions to apply.
The award will be given to the three best papers. Each award-winning paper will receive a $7,000 grant financed by ADB. If the winning paper has co-authors, the award will be shared equally among co-authors.
The top three papers will be presented at the ADB-IEA award session of the 2022 ADB Annual Meeting. ADB will also facilitate the presentation of the award-winning papers at ADB’s Asia Thought Leader Series. ADB intends to apply the ideas generated by the award-winning paper to its operations and policy advice.
- Relevance of the problem to current regional issues/challenges (25%)
- Quality of methodology and analysis (25%)
- Structure and presentation (25%)
- Operational applicability (25%)
Official Website: ADB-IEA Innovative Policy Research Award 2022