Application Deadline: DECEMBER 3, 2021
Whether you are an individual, a start-up or an established small business or non-profit organization, there can be many challenges and barriers to bringing a new tourism idea, experience or partnership to fruition.
We want to help. The “Spark” Program will match selected candidates with a tourism mentor and provide a source of financial support to help take your great new tourism idea to the next level of development or implementation.
Our goal is to inspire Cariboo Chilcotin Coast entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profit organizations to come forward with creative ideas that will generate new tourism opportunities, experiences and partnerships in the area.
- Individuals 18+ who live/work in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- Small businesses (up to 10 full-time year-round employees) based in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
- Small non-profit organizations (up to 10 full-time year-round employees) based in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast
Selected applicants will receive:
- 3 month mentorship with a tourism innovator, experienced operator, industry leader and/or sector expert
- $3,000 “Spark” grant to support tourism idea development activities
- Access to a support network of tourism innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders
- Ongoing guidance on other resources and support services provided by partners
- Call out for applications from individuals, small businesses and non-profits
- Application reviews by a jury including local and provincial tourism innovators and leaders
- Finalists’ Pitch Session (our friendly take on a tourism Dragon’s Den)
Save the date: January 18, 2022
- Selection of 3 winning applicants from Cariboo Chilcotin Coast