Application Deadline:May 23, 2021
Carolyn Leighton Scholarships have been established to honor the vision of Carolyn Leighton and her work in building out this global sisterhood over the last 30 years.
Through this scholarship, WITI hopes to provide exposure to young leaders – women in tech and male allies – to current industry conversations and give access to relatable role models. Financial ability shouldn’t be a deterrent to women’s careers and hence, by providing an avenue for women to build relationships with fellow women in tech, we are taking a step towards realizing Carolyn’s vision of ‘No woman stands alone’.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be a Bachelors, Masters or PhD student in India, China, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea or Philippines.
- Be enrolled in any Science, Engineering or closely related technical field
- Show a demonstrated interest in technology, leadership and community development
Do note that the scholarship is open for all, but special consideration will be given to women and non-binary applicants.
The Carolyn Leighton Scholarship is offered to students in the APAC region to attend the WITI APAC summit. The scholarship includes:
- Opportunity to attend the 27th annual virtual summit (all expenses paid)
- One year WITI membership
- Exclusive networking opportunities with Senior leaders at the summit
- Digital certificates to honor you
- Opportunities to share your stories with the world through WITI
- Applications begin – March 25, 2021
- Deadline to complete Stage 2 application – May 23, 2021
- Results – May 31, 2021
Official Website: Carolyn Leighton Scholarships