Application Deadline: 31 January 2021
The Global Landscapes Forum is the world’s largest intersectoral platform designed to examine knowledge, share experiences and accelerate action by communities as they invest in and move toward more resilient, climate friendly, diverse, productive, equitable and, thereby, sustainable landscapes. Founded by CIFOR, UN Environment and the World Bank, and with core funding provided by the German Government, the Global Landscapes Forum is scaling up to engage one billion people in realizing their local priorities, while at the same time contributing significantly toward the overall achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and climate agenda.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary objective of the Youth in Landscapes Network Intern is to facilitate the growth of the network through community building, promotion, and ensuring that programs serve the broader youth community through working with the GLF Youth Coordinator.
- Coordinate regularly with the Youth in Landscapes Steering Committee and GLF Youth Coordinator;
- Assist in creating and delivering youth programs both at GLF events (and other partner’s events), as well as youth long term programs, coordinating with the broader GLF team;
- Assist in mainstreaming of youth initiatives and programmes across GLF activities;
- Assist coordination of YIL project teams;
- Maintain all Youth in Landscapes pages on the GLF website;
- Maintain and facilitate engagement and network building on social media (YIL FB groups and page, YIL Twitter);
- Craft communications material and regularly promote new opportunities;
- Assist in knowledge management and regularly update activities and information of YIL partners’ organizations – IFSA, YPARD, GAEA, and others;
- Lead outreach to associate partners and youth organizations;
- Undertake other key tasks and administration related to young people and GLF as they rise.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Currently enrolled in, or recently obtained, an M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Nature Conservation, or similar field;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Experience with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development, or event-management is an asset;
- Experience with WordPress and social media is an asset;
- Experienced and/or comfortable with remote work.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Creative and passionate about changing the world;
- Be self-motivated, resourceful and energetic;
- Be able to find creative solutions;
- Value attention to detail;
- Be a team player with great interpersonal communications skills;
- Have a proven ability to work well under pressure.
Terms and conditions
- This is an internship opportunity for 9 months.
- CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. CIFOR will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that they comply with the local requirements for working at the posting location.
- CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance. The stipend or living allowance provided to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
- Work location: Home-based, with a possibility to work from the Bonn office if required.To apply, please visit our career site at: http://www.cifor.org/careersTo learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.orgCIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.
The application deadline is 31 Jan-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
Official Website: Youth in Landscapes Network Internship