Application Deadline: April 12, 2022 – 12:00 noon (CEST)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) and Impact Hub Vienna GmbH (Impact Hub) and together with UPM hereinafter each an “Accelerator Manager” and together the “Accelerator Managers”), open the second Call (hereinafter, the “Call”) for its acceleration program for healthy and clean cities “Clean Cities ClimAccelerator” (hereinafter also referred to as the “Program”), with the support by EIT Climate-KIC and with the purpose to select startups with innovative projects for the renewable energy industry, mobility, green spaces and retrofitting, contributing to more sustainable, healthy and clean cities (hereinafter, the “Start-ups”).
The purpose of this Call is to strengthen entrepreneurial businesses in the form of Start-ups in the European Union, rewarding and supporting innovative solutions for tackling the issues of climate change in cities. The Start-ups have to submit a project that aims to resolve one of the challenges specified in the article 4.2. Technology scope.
- Ready for demonstration – you should have at least a Proof of Concept/Alpha/Beta/Prototype
- Scalable solution
- Potential high climate impact or significant climate adaptation
- Your company must be incorporated (or in the legal process of incorporation) before entering the programme
- Incorporated not more than 5 years ago
- Based in the European Union
- A dedicated team of minimum 2 persons
- Problem-Solution fit and Climate Benefit
- Solution aligned with program orientation and EIT Climate KIC strategy.Impact
- Scalability of the solution
- Other societal and/or ecological value generated
- Is the solution new and innovative?
- Is there a focus on new technologies?
- Is there a business model already and how is money being earned?
- What investments will be needed?
- Long term perspective and business potential?
- How realistic is it, that the venture can be realized successfully by the team?
- Multidisciplinary, background, experience, motivation?
Official Website: Clim Accelerator for Startups with Innovative Projects