Application Deadline: 06/14/2022
Nepali Yuwa in Climate Action and Green Growth (NYCAGG) project, in the leadership of CREASION, announces the call for idea submission from Madhesh Province under the thematic areas of green economy and climate resilience.
- Young “green” entrepreneurs or individuals having innovative business ideas that address environmental and social challenges are highly encouraged to apply!!
- Youth aged between 15 to 29 and already working or planning to work in the thematic areas of green economy, and climate resilience in Madesh Province;
- Young people with innovative ideas that have the potential to deliver environmental, social, and economic impacts are highly encouraged to submit their ideas;
- Innovative market-driven enterprise providing solutions to social and environmental challenges (such as solid waste management,
air pollution, disaster risk reduction, climate change, and green mobility);
- Scalable enterprises developing products/ solutions that are socially and environmentally acceptable and have a high potential for employment generation;
- Registered/non-registered and already operational or in the early to growth stage green enterprises that are locally led and have the potential for scaling-up and replication;
- Ideas can be submitted on an individual basis or as a team.
- 20 shortlisted ideas will get opportunities to work closely with their mentors from renowned sectors for six months to nurture
- An award day will be organized where shortlisted applicants will pitch their ideas to the selection committee;
- 6 best ideas will get innovation grants of up to NPR. 1,25,000 (In words: One Lakh TwentyFive Thousand) and space to work on their ideas and develop prototypes;
- Get an experiential learning platform, mentorship, and networking opportunities to develop their entrepreneurial skills;
- Support and guidance in developing the idea into a venture;
- Selected 6 ideas will receive assistance in the registration of their enterprises, legal compliances, working with financial institutions for business sustainability, business plans, prototype development, etc.;
- The best enterprises nurtured will be provided with opportunities to participate in the enterprise promotion events happening locally and at the provincial level by leveraging partnerships with concerned authorities;
- Peer-to-peer learning with others working on similar ideas in Kathmandu;
- Mentee-mentorship certificates will be provided to those who complete the program;
- Prototype developed will be showcased on the final certificates’ distribution day;
- The journey and achievements of young entrepreneurs will be well documented and shared through social media pages of the project, CREASION, YI-Lab, and the EU.