Application Deadline: March 25th, 2022
In collaboration with the Solutions Journalism Network and in support of alum fellow and current 2022 LEDE Fellow – Mavic Conde – we’re excited to open this call for applications to win a Solutions Reporting Grant, with emphasis on stories related to agriculture and farmer-led sustainable agricultural practices, food systems, and land rights.
- This grant is open to reporters from across the Asia region
- Reporters from Sri Lanka, India, and China are especially encouraged to apply
- 2-3 years reporting experience
- Published stories about: agriculture, crop diversity, petrochemical impacts on the environment, socio-economic outcomes of the global food systems, alternative approaches like agroecology, or circular economy
- Interested in climate reporting
- Want to learn about solutions journalism and put it into practice
- USD 250 stipend.
- Climate reporting training from Climate Tracker.
- A lecture on Solutions Journalism 101 with Portia Ladrido, co-founder of Inkline, a UK-based solutions-oriented news site
- Reference materials about Solutions Journalism: Its four pillars and actual (agriculture/food systems/climate) story samples
- Online consultations throughout the story production process with Mavic Conde, who is currently one of the 2022 LEDE Fellows at the Solutions Journalism Network
Official Website: Climate Tracker Solutions reporting grant 2022