Application Deadline: November 5th 2021
Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO.
- Enhance your PhD studies and kickstart your research career with a Data61 PhD scholarship at Australia’s premier research organisation for digital science and technology.
- Work alongside leading data scientists and engineers in real life projects aimed at solving Australia’s biggest challenges.
- The scholarship students are the next generation research leaders in data science who progress to a diverse range of careers in industry, research and academia
- Includes the Research Training Program (RTP) base rate (2022 rate $28,854 pa) and/or Top-up scholarship of $10,000 per annum.
- Benefits of up to $5,000 learning and development funding over the term of the scholarship to support your research and future career.
- Access to world-class research facilities and excellent tools, support and resources to bring your research to life.
- Connect into an inclusive culture where the diversity of people, experiences and views are valued, and where you will use your skills to help solve complex national and global problems.
Applications are only open to domestic and international students who are currently residing in Australia.
To be eligible you must have:
- A first-class honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant research area;
- Applied for admission or already enrolled in an Australian University as a PhD student;
- A university supervisor who is willing and able to supervise you;
- Minimum of 2 referees willing to provide reference for your academic and research skills/experience; and
- Not already hold a PhD degree.
If you have already commenced your PhD studies, you must be less than 12 months into your PhD at 01 February 2022.
- Will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
- International applicants must have the appropriate immigration approvals to allow them to take up the scholarship.
- Must currently be residing in Australia in order to commence their PhD and take up the scholarship between 1 February – 31 March 2022.
Applications will be assessed on:
- Academic calibre of the student: The quality of the student is critical to the assessment of a scholarship and candidates must hold (or expect to gain) a relevant first-class honours (or equivalent) degree from a recognised university.
- Research potential of the student: The student must be able to demonstrate research capability to carry out the nominated research project including required research knowledge and skills.
- Availability of appropriate university supervision: The relevance of the university supervisor’s research background and their willingness to supervise the student in collaboration with the CSIRO’s Data61 supervisor should also be made clear.
How to Apply
You will be required to submit your application in the following order:
1. In the ‘Resume/CV’ field attach your Cover Letter, Resume/CV as one document.
2. In the ‘Cover Letter’ field attach your Academic Transcripts
3. In the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list.
Applications must be supported by two referee reports using the Data61 referee report template (link). These should be completed by the referee and sent from the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application closing date.
Official Website: CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships