Application Deadline: 04/15/2022
The Customized Training program provides federally funded grants to help NYC-based businesses train and retain their employees. This competitive, reimbursable training grant is available for businesses that are for-profit, operating for at least one year, and able to pay for training upfront. Customized Training grants offer financial support to make training your staff more affordable. The right trainings can help your bottom line, reduce employee turnover, improve morale, promote an efficient and productive workforce, and increase your competitiveness in the marketplace.
Businesses must be:
• Located in one of New York City’s five boroughs
• For-profit and in operation for at least one year
• Able to pay for training costs upfront
• Able to train at least 10 employees (with more than 50% as projected new hires)
• Able to provide wage increases for trainees post-training
• Be at least 18 years or older
• Be working in one of New York City’s five boroughs
• Meet Federal and State minimum wages standards
• Earn less than a pre-deduction wage of $79,258/year (38.10/hour)
• Meet all applicable Federal Selective Services requirements
• Be employed and paid by the business applying with appropriate deductions evidence and same or similar benefits offered
• Be paid during training
- Submit a pre-application (also known as the eligibility checklist) to determine if your business is eligible. This should take approximately 3-5 minutes.
Determine if your business is eligible.
- Someone from the Customized Training team will schedule a screening call to review your pre-application, discuss eligibility, and learn more about business challenge and training needs.
- Submit a final application, provided by the Customized Training team, prior to one of the following deadlines.
Official Website: Customized Training Grant Program