Application Deadline: 13 June 2022.
The Depict short film competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free – but there is ONE simple rule:
Your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration.
- Must be 90 seconds or under
- Must be completed after January 2021
Entries for Depict 2022 are through Film Freeway – the international film submission platform used by over 7,000 of the world’s best film festivals and contests, including 70 Academy Award / BAFTA Award accredited festivals. Entries are free.
- The deadline for entries is 1700hrs (BST) on Monday 13 June 2022.
- Only films submitted online will be accepted.
- The duration of your film(s) must not exceed 90 seconds including titles and credits.
- Depict is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work. We do not accept advertisements.
- Only films completed since January 2021 may be submitted. Whilst we do not have a premiere policy, we positively encourage entries made specifically for Depict.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is five.
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film(s) and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films.
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles.
- If your film(s) is /are shortlisted, you will be asked to promptly send in a high resolution version of your film for online use on depict.org, connected social media channels and screening at Encounters Film Festival (27 Sept – 2 Oct 2022). You will also need to supply publicity stills, a synopsis and a bio.
- Please note that only the director(s) will be credited on the website and any other promotional material. In the case of shortlisted and/or winning co-directors, multiple prizes may be granted at the discretion of the organisers.
- The Depict British Special Mention Award is open to UK productions only. Films are only eligible if they have a substantial British contribution in the following areas: director, producer, writer, principal cast and crew, production company, finance. To indicate your film’s eligibility for this award, please select “UK” as the country of production in the registration process.
Official Website: Depict short film competition