Application Deadline: April 8, 2022.
The purpose of this program is to encourage and provide businesses located within the Downtown Area Redevelopment Area with an opportunity to improve the appearance of their businesses, utilizing grant dollars, up to a maximum of $2,000.00
The program provides an incentive for downtown business owners to invest in facade renovations and some interior upgrades. The improvements are intended to complement initiatives recommended within the Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan (DARP).
The Program works with other revitalization initiatives to:
- Promote the viability of retail and commercial businesses Help building owners to attract and retain tenants.
- Contribute to the quality of life of residents, workers, and visitors to the City Make the city shopping streets more inviting and interesting places to work and shop; and,
- Build local community and civic pride among the business community and citizens of Lacombe
- Any business within the Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan Area may apply.
- The applicant must be either the property owner or a designated person who has the written authority from the owner to submit the application and/or so administer this project
- The buildings must be used primarily for retail and commercial purposes. The selection committee has some discretion to include projects that are institutional, non- profit and/or accommodate non-commercial uses that contribute to the activity on the commercial main street.
- The project must conform to the Program Design Standards
1. Fill out and submit the Downtown Storefront Enhancement Program Application. The deadline for submissions is April 8, 2022.
(Please note: If you are having trouble opening the linked file in your web browser you will need to manually download the file by right clicking on the link and selecting the ‘Save link as…’ option.)
2. Include the land title certificate. If the applicant is not the owner, please ensure the property owner authorization portion of the application form is completed.
3. Submit ‘Before’ photos of the property.
4. Provide a project description and cost estimates.
5. The project description will then be referred to the Downtown Storefront Enhancement Committee (DSEC) for evaluation and final approval. If there is still grant funding available after the review process is completed, subsequent applications will be accepted and evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information please contact:
Director of Community Services,
City of Lacombe
Official Website: Downtown Storefront Enhancement Program