Application Deadline: November 26, 2022
Applications are open for the EIT Climate-KIC Adaptation & Resilience ClimAccelerator in Africa 2023. Funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland (‘Irish Aid’), the A&R ClimAccelerator will support 16 teams from across the African continent with solutions that address physical climate risks or build the resilience of communities.
The selected start-ups will receive tailored business coaching, professional guidance on finance, support defining the climate impact potential of their solution, and preparation for future investment opportunities.
They are seeking applications from solutions that are addressing the impacts of climate change and building the resilience of communities. Start-ups may be providing solutions against climate risks such as: extreme temperatures (heatwaves), extreme precipitation, drought, unpredictable rains, cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons or storms, floods, and sea level rise, among others. Start-ups that are not focusing on these specific areas will not be accepted.
- Open to early to mid-stage African startups with solutions that address physical climate risks or build the resilience of communities
- Businesses must be incorporated in an African country.
- Should be incorporated for 5 years or less.
- For-profit entity.
- Mentorship support: The start-ups will receive one-to-one support to refine their business strategy, solve challenges and identify opportunities for sustainable growth.
- Access to finance: The start-ups will receive a results-based grant of €2,500 to support streamlining operations, increasing efficiencies and creating businesses with a positive climate impact.
- Business development services: Tackling all aspects of the business from incorporation, management structure, governance structures, staffing, operations, business plan development and implementation, market plan development and implementation, financial management and accountability.
- Climate change mainstreaming: Coaching and training on climate risk assessment and opportunity identification. Additionally, the start-ups will be supported in mainstreaming sustainability (environmental and social), as well as climate change adaptation and mitigation approaches into their operations.
The application deadline is November 26, 2022 (23:59 Greenwich Mean Time).
Official Website: EIT Climate-KIC Adaptation & Resilience ClimAccelerator in Africa 2023