Application Deadline: 06/03/2022
The Mid-South-focused Business Accelerator aims to create business solutions to meet challenges community faces by changing behaviors, expanding access to resources and improving the long-term health of the Mid-South community.
- Entrepreneurs or innovators Age 18 years or older
- Must be the founder, CEO or someone authorized to make changes to the business or project.
- Living in and/or serving communities in the Shelby County or Greater Memphis area (including West Tennessee, North Mississippi and rural Eastern Arkansas)
- Receive six weeks of MBA-style training.
- Refine their business story and presentation in a cohort with other local entrepreneurs.
- Present their businesses in a fall event to Memphis-area health, community and business leaders for a chance at grants of $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000.
- Event participants will vote on a fan favorite who will receive a $5,000 grant. All applicants accepted into the program will receive $2,500.
The EmPOWERED to Serve Business Accelerator is a national American Heart Association program that gives social entrepreneurs, startups and businesses focusing on health impact the tools and support to grow and scale.
Through this opportunity, the AHA provides business training, access to grants and a lasting connection to the association.
Official Website: EmPOWERED to Serve Business Accelerator™ – Mid-South (US)