Application Deadline: 1 October 2022
Purpose of the Fellowship: To create excellence by offering the opportunity for further qualification or experience in an area of paediatric neurology in terms of clinical practice or research. The fellowship must take place in a European Country; this is taken as the region for which the European
- Location. The fellowship must take place in a European Country (or can be outside Europe for the Aicardi Fellowship). Europe is taken as the region for which the European Office of WHO is responsible http://www.euro.who.int/en/countriesOne centre can only receive a maximum of 2 EPNS Fellows in one year. The fellowship cannot take place in the same country the applicant currently practices.
- Duration:3-4 months. The fellowship MUST begin in 2023.
- EPNS membership. Candidates must have been an EPNS member for at least 6 months when the application period opened (the date the application period opened is 29 June 2022), with the 2022 membership fee paid at the date of application.
- Resident or young specialist Less than 5 years after obtaining PN registration) of Paediatric Neurology. PhD students who are not Paediatric Neurologists or training for Paediatric Neurology do not qualify. The scheme is targeted at those who are at the early stages of their training in the field of paediatric neurology.
- Fluent in relevant language of the centre which will be hosting the fellowship.
- Continuing a Fellowship. Candidates cannot use the EPNS fellowship to continue/supplement an existing/ongoing fellowship. This EPNS scheme is for new fellowships only.
- A fellowship is strictly personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
- If not successful, it is possible to re-apply for a fellowship.
- A fellowship can only be awarded to a person once.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to locate and plan with their nominated host site. The EPNS will not become involved in this process. Eligible EPNS members who wish to apply for an EPNS Fellowship are welcome to contact any European Centre. To help locate an appropriate Centre, several European Centres, subject to availability, would be willing to consider accommodating future EPNS Fellowships. Please visit this link for more information https://www.epns.info/potential-host-centres-for-future-epns-fellowships/
- Complete the Fellowship 2023 application form. CLICK HERE
- Send the completed application form to Sue Hargreaves and Mel Knowles at email@example.com together with the following documentation:
- Local supervisor consent
- Hosting supervisor consent which must include their declaration that the candidate is fluent in the locally relevant language
- Detailed Cost Calculation – candidates must complete CLICK HERE
- A photograph of yourself
Official Website: EPNS Fellowship