Application Deadline: June 13 2022
Students should come prepared and excited to participate and contribute their experiences. The goal is to cultivate a deeper appreciation for student voices in the field of civic education by facilitating student-led discussions.
U.S. high school students* for the 2022-2023 school year
- with an interest in civics, education, equity, government, history, or politics
- able to attend an in-person gathering in Washington D.C. during the month of October
- This is a virtual program designed to connect students across the country in discussions on a variety of civic education topics.
- Students will engage in group projects, group discussions, build and lead student voice campaigns, and a variety of other experiences.
- Meetings are usually held on Sundays starting in the fall.
- Students will receive a stipend throughout the program if they meet all program requirements and adhere to the student code of conduct.
- This opportunity requires a student application and an educator/mentor nomination.
- Students will hear back about the status of their application by July 1, 2022
Official Website: Equity in Civics Youth Fellowship 2022-2023