The European Defence Agency (EDA) annually runs a 1-year Traineeship Programme aimed at recent university graduates who want to transition to the world of work in an organisation at the heart of defence cooperation in Europe.
An EDA traineeship will give you:
- a unique insight into the policies and processes for the development of European defence capabilities
- an opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired during your studies
- exposure to a multicultural and dynamic professional environment
To be considered eligible, applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements by the deadline for submission of applications:
- Nationality: be a national of a Member States participating in the Agency;
- Educational qualifications:have completed at least the first (minimum three-year) cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications;
- Languages: applicants must have a very good knowledge of at least two participating Member States languages of which one must be English as it is EDA’s main working language. The knowledge of additional participating Member States languages is an asset;
- Background related to the EDA’s operational activities: educational background in a field relevant to the activities of the Directorate/Unit the trainee applies for and is allocated to;
- Personnel Security Clearance Certificate (PSCC). For more info, see FAQs
Traineeships are open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a paid or unpaid traineeship or any kind of employment in another European institution or a body and which lasted for more than six weeks.
Trainees are awarded a monthly allowance that currently amounts to 1.252,68 EUR/month.
Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their monthly allowance equal to a maximum of 50% of the amount of the allowance, to help cover extra expenses (e.g. transport, cost of special accommodation) related to their disability.
Official Website: European Defence Agency (EDA) Traineeship Programme 2022