Application Deadline: : 28 February 2021
Femme First Foundation is a non-partisan, non-profit organisation committed to amplifying women’s leadership in Indian politics. We aim to nurture and groom women political leaders to build a better world. Our focus is not limited to increasing women’s representation in politics, we intend to enhance the quality of their representation as well.
The She Runs Government Fellowship is a six-month program that is focused on capacity-building, training, and mentorship of women in politics. It seeks to enhance and improve the quality of political participation of women.
The fellows will undergo residential in-person workshops, intensive virtual learning sessions, and hands-on mentorship by seasoned women politicians. This three-pronged approach will provide an academic grounding of democratic frameworks and policy-making, up-skill them with practical know-hows of electioneering, build the fellows’ personal brands through personalised Public Narrative trainings by coaches from Harvard Kennedy School, and learn the ropes of politicking directly from a mentor who is undergoing the realities and tackling the challenges of being a woman in public office.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To equip with skills and strategic knowledge to effectively run for office, legislate, and govern
- To develop a deeper understanding of the nuances and challenges of the Indian democratic system and various political theories, and to gain exposure to policy-framing under renowned practitioners and domain-experts
- To provide mentorship to navigate the labyrinth of the political world directly from seasoned women politicians
- To build a network of women leaders, policy experts, and campaign professionals to form partnerships and draw upon shared knowledge and exchange best practices
The following categories will be eligible for the fellowship:
- Women who have contested election at any level i.e college, university, RWA, local government, MLA etc
- Women in nominated political party positions for at least 6 months
- Women who have worked in civil-society, policy or media organisations for at least 2 years and want to transition to a career in politics
- Women who are/were LAMP/Acumen/Gandhi/Teach for India Fellows and aspire to join politics
If you don’t fit in any of the above category, yet think you deserve a seat, write to us:
Application deadline: 28 February 2021
Shortlisted applicants’ interviews: 5th – 10th March 2021
Selected Fellows list: 15th March 2021
April to June 2021 : Virtual learning (approx. 5 hours/month)
24th to 27th June 2021 : Residential workshop (Venue yet to be fixed)
July to October 2021 : Virtual learning + Mentoring sessions
Official Website: She Runs Government Fellowship