For the 2023-2024 academic year, the FIAS Fellowship programme offers 37 fellowship positions of 10 months, distributed amongst the six sites of:
The FIAS candidates must fulfill all the eligibility requirements to be considered:
- Degree & experience
At the time of the application deadline, researchers will have to be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
Researchers from all countries and nationalities are eligible to the Programme. Applicants must fulfil the transnational MSCA mobility rule: incoming researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
The Programme is open to all Social Sciences and the Humanities. Applicants are strongly encouraged to check the IAS’ websites to learn more about the scientific orientation of the Institutes and their potential opening to disciplines outside the humanities and social sciences. Applications from artists matching the eligibility requirements are welcome.
- Administrative requirements
Applicants must provide full application forms and all requested documents through the online application platform. Incomplete and late applications are not considered eligible. Applications not complying with the maximum length criteria will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English (also partially) will not be considered.
The FIAS Fellowship Programme is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and working towards greater diversity within its academic community. It will not discriminate against researchers in any way (gender, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinion, social or economic condition).
The application is to be completed exclusively via the FIAS website.
The requested application material (in English exclusively) will consist of:
- The completed online application form
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a comprehensive list of publications
- A copy of the diploma
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – 1 additional page)
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner -only requested and mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), for the Collegium de Lyon, for MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and for the Paris IAS.
- Optional: Up to two letters of recommendation For further information, you may refer to the FAQ.
Official Website: FRENCH INSTITUTES
FOR ADVANCED STUDY