Application Deadline: March 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State, via IREX, the implementing organization for teacher exchange programs, is seeking qualified academic and professional reviewers to read and score applications for 2021-2022 Fulbright Teacher Exchanges.
Programs for U.S. teachers and administrators:
- Fulbright Teachers for Global Classrooms Program (Fulbright TGC)
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Research Program (Fulbright DA)
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Short-Term Program (Fulbright DAST)
- Fulbright Leaders for Global Schools Program (Fulbright LGS)
Programs for international teachers:
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers (Fulbright DAI)
- Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) – General Pedagogy
- Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) – Media Literacy cohorts
About Fulbright Teacher Exchanges
The Fulbright Teacher Exchanges offer U.S. and international educators both short-term and long-term professional development opportunities abroad.
About the 2021 Application Review Process for Fulbright Teacher Exchanges
The Fulbright Teacher Exchanges are open, merit-based competitions. As an application reviewer, you have an opportunity to participate in the nomination and selection process for these prestigious fellowship programs while learning more about the work that international and U.S. educators are doing.
Ideal reviewers are academics and/or professionals with expertise in primary or secondary education, international development, global learning, youth empowerment, and/or media literacy. Preferred experience includes working in international education or educationally focused international development, working within a specific country or geographic region, or working with exchange programs. U.S. university administrators with experience working with international students or teachers are also welcome to apply.
Reviewers will be responsible for evaluating program applicants based on a set of guidelines and a scoring rubric provided by IREX and approved by ECA. Reviewers will read, evaluate, and score between 25 to 40 applications via IREX’s online system in approximately 2- to 4-week periods between March 2021 and August 2021. The exact timing will vary by program, and IREX will provide further details to those selected. Following the review period, some reviewers may be asked to take part in a 2-hour virtual nomination panel. Upon submission IREX will forward reviewer recommendations to the presidential appointed William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) for final selection decisions on all program fellowships. Each external reviewer will receive a $250 honorarium after successfully completing their assigned portfolio.
The Fulbright Teacher Exchanges are funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), with funding provided by the U.S. government, and administered by IREX.
The deadline to apply to serve as an application reviewer for the Fulbright Teacher Exchanges is March 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Employees of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), IREX, Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB), U.S. Embassies, or Fulbright Commissions are not eligible to serve on the 2021 External Review Committee for Fulbright Teacher Exchanges.
- Individuals selected to serve as an External Reviewer for one the 2021-2022 Fulbright Teacher Exchanges must wait one full program year before being eligible to apply for the program that they reviewed for.