Application Deadline: 18 Feb 2022 05:00 PM AEDT
The objective of the grant opportunity is to support small and medium-sized food and beverage manufacturing enterprises to save energy by:
- replacing existing equipment with more energy efficient equipment
- installing or replacing components to help existing systems run more efficiently
- carrying out energy audits
- monitoring and optimising energy use and emissions
- increasing knowledge of energy efficiency practices, and
- positioning small and medium sized enterprises to adopt future technological advancement in energy consumption.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a private company
- a public company
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- a co-operative
- an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation
- an indigenous corporation
- a sole trader
- a partnership.
We can only accept applications:
- from food and beverage manufacturing businesses, whose main activity is classified under one of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classifications listed in the table in 4.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- from small and medium sized enterprises with an employee headcount from 1 to 199 employees averaged over any consecutive 12 month period since 1 July 2019. We may ask you to provide evidence of your calculation
- where you certify that the project is supported by your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- certify that you have consent from the facility owner or their representative to undertake the project, if you are not the facility owner.
When the online form is available, you must submit your application through the online portal. You’ll need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
We will send you a written offer.
To accept the offer, you must sign a grant agreement. The grant agreement sets out the rules you need to follow. We use the Exchange- external site of letters grant agreement template from Department of Finance.
We publish your information in the list of grant recipients on GrantConnect.
The information we publish may include:
- The name of your organisation
- the title of the project
- a description of the project and its aims
- the amount of grant money we give you
- your Australian business number
- your business location
- your organisation’s industry sector.
You must follow the rules in the grant agreement. If you break the rules, we may ask you to pay us back the money we give you.