Application Deadline: 06/06/2022
Generation Africa is calling the youth to rise up as Food Warriors that use impact-driven agrifood businesses to fight for a sustainable, African food system in the fourth annual US$100,000 GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition.
You’ll get access to education, mentorship, and investment networks to help you launch, grow, or scale your agrifood venture.
- GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to take their business venture to the next level. In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers top agripreneurs the opportunity to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and make their mark. This year, COVID restrictions permitting, the top Gogettaz agripreneurs will travel to the AGRF Summit which is being held in Kigali, Rwanda.
- All their finalists will also receive mentorship, programming linkages and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- The Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition, and is legally recognised as an adult in country of nationality
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country which is a member of the African Union
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership
- Entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offence, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested.
- The Venture
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to 1 July 2022
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
Official Website: GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2022 – Nomination Now Open!