Application Deadline: 3rd January, 2022
Women’s participation in technology development is starting to rise. But their participation in green technology still lags in comparison to male counterparts.
That’s according to a recent report from OECD, which found that women make up just 13% of environmental innovators. The data matches other reports and anecdotes, in Europe and beyond, that find that women are a distinct minority in conversations around impact-driven tech.
How can we solve the world’s biggest problems if we are excluding nearly half of the population from the conversation?
Visa Foundation and Village Capital are excited to announce the Greentech Europe 2022 initiative – a new project dedicated to supporting gender diverse ventures creating sustainable economic, environmental and social solutions across Europe
Eligible startups must have:
- For-profit market-based solution that tackles a sustainability challenge in Europe, especially Southern Europe
- Operations in or have the ability to expand business to the EMEAA or European market
- Have a minimum viable product (MVP), and raised less than $3M in equity
- Have at least one full-time founder based in EMEAA or Europe, and Co-Founders to have 50%+ female representation or more than 25% of senior leadership team to be female
- Have meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships)
- 2 cohorts where 30 startups will be selected to receive in-depth support via Village Capital’s award-winning training curriculum
- 50 startups selected to participate in a guided investment-readiness training through our online, self-paced business development curriculum, which will be delivered simultaneously with the accelerator programs outlined above
- $300,000 in grant funding for a subset of cohort companies in the accelerator programs will be eligible to receive grant funding of up to $75,000. This funding will be directed through peer-selection – a unique process has been proven to result in investment decisions that lead to a more diverse portfolio (as highlighted in our report, Flipping the Power Dynamics)
Greentech Europe 2022 will launch in November 2021 and run for 18 months. There will be two in-depth accelerator cohorts, and one guided investment-readiness training cohort.
Please reach out to email@example.com to learn more. Extended application deadline: 3rd January, 2022
Official Website: GREENTECH EUROPE 2022