Application Deadline: 30th September 2022.
The ICAT-2 Programme is an all-Ireland partnership comprising six universities (UoG, QUB, TCD, UCD, UCC, RCSI), the clinical training authorities North and South, the HRB, HSE-NDTP, HSC R&D, NIMDTA, CAI and DAFM. ICAT is founded on the principles of providing integrated, fellow-centric clinical academic training to excellent postgraduate clinical trainees across all disciplines of human medicine, veterinary medicine and dentistry through a programme which integrates PhD research training of the highest quality with higher specialist training.
It is ICAT-2’s ambition to train 42 fellows through five intakes and to commit to supporting each fellow throughout their entire career pathway. Through combined partnership, ICAT offers infrastructure, experience, expertise with matched financial support to provide the broadest possible range of research and training opportunities.
- MB BS, MB BCh, BDS or B Dent Sc or equivalent medical or dental qualification
- Successful completion of relevant College/Faculty Membership exam or part thereof (e.g. MRCP / MFDS (UK) or MRCPI / MFD (ROI) or equivalent), relevant postgraduate certifications necessary for participation in the relevant specialist training programme. (or equivalent requirements for general professional training in dentistry in Republic of Ireland).
- Online application form opens on the ICAT website (28th July)
- Webinar for potential applicants will be held on 25th August (a recording will be uploaded to the ICAT website)
- Applicants complete the online application form and submit it with two references by the deadline of 30th September
- Applications are reviewed and shortlisted (applicants notified early November)
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete the application process and attend an interview (mid-December, date to be confirmed with candidates)
- Interviewees notified of outcome
- ICAT works with successful applicants and their training schemes to organise a training plan
- ICAT pre-PhD year 1 starts July 2023
Official Website: ICAT Programme Fellowships