Application Deadline: November 26th 20221
Practical skills meet moral imagination in this intensive year-long leadership development program designed to equip extraordinary individuals with the tools, mindset, and community to tackle poverty and injustice in their communities.
- Join a diverse cohort of social change leaders in a rigorous year-long experience
- Improve your capacity to innovate and drive change with a mix of in-person and online seminars
- Drive initiatives focused on fighting poverty
- Part-time — you stay in your job
- 3-4 hour assignments every week
Beyond Year 1
- Be a part of a lifelong fellowship that extends beyond your first year
- Join a larger local and global community committed to a world beyond poverty and injustice
Every year, our India Fellows Program brings in 40 dynamic individuals as part of two cohorts, Spring and Fall. These individuals are committed to creating meaningful change within India. Fellows come from nearly every walk of life and have demonstrated the ability to have impact within their sector. India now has a community of close to 200 Fellows practicing moral leadership across India. This diverse community becomes a space for deep knowledge sharing, partnership and peer coaching.
- Entrepreneurs: Leaders of both for-profit and nonprofit organizations providing critical goods or services to the underserved.
- Intrapreneurs: Leaders who are bringing to life new initiatives or approaches within the organization. The focus is on designing, testing, incubating and implementing ideas that enable the organization to pursue its purpose.
- Organizational Builders: Leaders who play an integral role in building the organization. The focus is on building the internal blocks, systems & processes that enable the organization to pursue its purpose.
In the Fellowship Program You Will:
- Learn to catalyse and embrace the gradual and meaningful process of creating change at the personal, organisational, and societal levels
- Cultivate the ability to lead effectively when opposing but interdependent values are in tension
- Understand how to lead diverse stakeholders through recurring and complex challenges
- Develop the capacity to tell meaningful stories that speak across lines of difference and move others to action
- Examine your identities, values, and choices that have shaped your journey till now and cultivate a deeper understanding of yourself and your work in a broader context
- Explore the meaning of a just society and the moral and historical foundation of social change through text-based dialogue
- Navigate systemic problems and design more effective interventions using moral imagination
- Question your assumptions and beliefs about leading effective change
- Be supported and accompanied by a cohort of like-minded peers persevering in the process of driving social change
Our curriculum draws on powerful leadership frameworks, tools, and approaches, including Adaptive Leadership, Authentic Voice, Good Society Readings, Immunity to Change, and Polarities Management.
How to Apply
Our application process consists of these three steps.
- 1Step 1: Step 1: Apply online — what are you telling us? (Open 1st Nov and close 26th Nov)
- 2Step 2: Step 2: Complete your online assignments — what are you showing us? (Dec 17th – Jan 6th)
- 3Step 3: Step 3: Attend the Selection Conference — why is this the right time for you to be a Fellow? Mar 4th
Official Website: India Acumen Fellowship 2022