Application Deadline: 30 April 2022
The INGSA-Asia Grassroots Science Advice Promotion Awards is an opportunity for all scientists,
researchers, academics and practitioners in Asia to share their knowledge and insights on science
advice with fellow members of the scientific community and policy makers in their home
countries. This award program was launched in 2019 and has since funded landmark science
advice workshops in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, and the Philippines. This
year, INGSA-Asia will be offering THREE SEED GRANTS WORTH €1000 EACH to selected applicants
with high quality and well-outlined proposals to organize workshops promoting science advice at
an institutional or national level in their respective countries. Successful applicants will be
mentored by seasoned experts in the science-policy nexus who will provide valuable guidance
and support for the successful implementation of their workshops.
● To serve as a seed fund for scientists, researchers, academics and practitioners in Asia to
organize science advice workshops in their home countries.
● To promote science advice at a grassroots level and improve the potential for evidenceinformed policy making in the region.
● To strengthen the engagement and relationship between INGSA-Asia and the scientific
community in the region.
- Each applicant can submit only one (1) application which consists of a proposal with
itemized budget (please refer to guidelines below).
- Seed grants must be utilized to conduct a workshop that promotes science advice in the
applicant’s home country. However, the applicant may choose to focus on any specific
topic or issue related to science advice for the workshop. Contemporary topics or issues
are strongly encouraged (e.g., science advice in the context of COVID-19, climate change,
biodiversity loss, etc.).
- The proposed workshop must not cause or encourage any violations of law or public policy
and must not result in any improper private benefit.
Official Website: NGSA-Asia Grassroots Science Advice Promotion Awards 2022