Application Deadline: 14 September 2022.
Marianne Initiative for Human Rights Defenders aims to better assist them in their struggle, both abroad and in France.
The aid program in France provides for reception (including accommodation if necessary), the payment of a monthly grant for living in Paris, personalized support, and networking with human rights defenders for 6 months.
- You are committed to the promotion and defence of human rights in your country?
- You are a human rights defender in the sense recognised by the United Nations (https://www.ohchr.org/fr/special-procedures/sr-human-rights-defenders/about-human-rights-defenders), adult and of non-French nationality, regardless of your place of residence?
- You can provide document(s)/evidence, produced by others (recommendations, press articles, etc.), attesting to your commitment/action in favour of human rights?
- You can justify that participation in the Marianne Initiative’s French aid programme will strengthen your capacity for human rights action in your country and internationally, and that it will enable you to create or develop existing or planned links or projects with French organisations?
- You have a valid passport (with a validity of at least six months) or you are willing to follow the procedures to obtain one?
- You are not subject to any legal ban on leaving the territory?
- You are willing to travel to France from January 2023 to June 2023?
Official Website: Initiative Marianne: call for applications