Application Deadline: 22 November 2021
FPA India has launched the IPPF YSVF Innovation Challenge, with technical support from Villgro. This program is a global pilot of ‘Youth Social Venture Fund’, a business initiative of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) to discover and mentor startups and youth innovators developing tech-driven innovations (hardware or software-based) that address youth sexual and reproductive health issues
• Institutions/Organisation: Any for-profit or not-for-profit organisation that wish to repurpose their existing innovation or pivot from their current innovation; the organisation
- A startup, recognized by DPIIT, incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application.
- The startup must have a business idea to develop a product or a service with a market fit, viable commercialization, and scope of scaling.
- The startup should be using technology in its core product or service, or business model, or distribution model, or methodology to solve the problem being targeted.
- Startup should not have received more than Rs 10 lakh of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme. This does not include prize money from competitions and grand challenges, subsidized working space, founder monthly allowance, access to labs, or access to prototyping facility.
- Shareholding by Indian promoters in the startup should be at least 51% at the time of application to the incubator for the scheme, as per Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2018.
- A startup applicant can avail seed support in the form of grant and debt/convertible debentures each once as per the guidelines of the scheme.
Incentives for startups/young innovators
The global challenge will provide a cohort of 10 selected innovators with month-long immersion support and access to experts, learning labs focused on maternal health and contraception-related issues.
The top 3 shortlisted innovators will receive the following benefits:
• Grant of USD 10000 (per innovator) by FPAI
• Incubation & mentoring support
• Connect with industry experts
• Dedicated 1-1 mentorship support
• Access to learning labs and webinars