The Joseph F. Ryan Ingenuity Fellowship (“JFR Ingenuity Fellowship”) seeks to honor the legacy of Brown Rudnick’s past Chair and Chief Executive Officer and retired partner Joseph Ryan. Joe led Brown Rudnick through a period of exponential growth between 2003 and 2019. He expanded the Firm’s presence on the worldwide stage, overseeing office openings in California, Paris, and Washington, D.C., and major expansions in New York and London. Joe began his career at Brown Rudnick as a summer associate in 1978 and rose through the ranks to become a Partner, Managing Director, and eventually, leader of the Firm. His career trajectory is emblematic of Brown Rudnick’s commitment to cultivating lawyers from the very outset of their career. The JFR Ingenuity Fellowship is testament to Brown Rudnick’s enduring commitment to invest in law students and mentor them to be the next generation of legal thinkers, doers, and leaders. The JFR Ingenuity Fellowship will be awarded to exceptional law students who have shown a high aptitude for problem-solving, creative thinking, and client service. Fellowship recipients will be individuals who will think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the Firm; game-changers who also demonstrate a true commitment to community service.
The Joseph F. Ryan Ingenuity Fellowship is open to 2L students who are interested in working in any of Brown Rudnick’s Boston, New York, Irvine, Hartford or Washington, DC, offices during their 2L summer and beyond. Candidates must have a proven record of academic and professional improvement and excellence. The ideal candidate will share Brown Rudnick’s values of equity and inclusion, resilience, collegiality, and entrepreneurship.
- $10,000 after completion of their 2L summer associate program, if in good standing and invited to return as a first-year associate; and
- $10,000 upon starting as a first-year associate at Brown Rudnick.
- All undergraduate and post-graduate transcripts;
- One academic or professional letter of recommendation; and
- 500 words or less statement of interest describing an instance where you utilized creative problem solving, exemplary client service, and/or game-changing ingenuity to meet a need
Official Website: Joseph F. Ryan Ingenuity Fellowship