The purpose of this program is to replenish required landscape material as defined by the City and to reimburse those business property owners who have spent funds to replace those required landscape planting materials. Only landscaping that is required by City ordinance will qualify for reimbursement.
Individual reimbursement grants will be awarded to Southlake commercial business property owners in an amount not to exceed 50% of total funds spent on landscape replacements up to $5,000 per business property, as defined in Section 5 of the adopted Resolution. The commercial business property owner will need to provide proof and show the landscape material that was replaced due to the impacts of the February 2021 winter storm.
If eligible business applications exceed the funds available for distribution, the City will prioritize funding grants based on how the completed applications were received (first come, first serve basis).
Grant funds are available to businesses who meet the following criteria:
- Property must be located in the City of Southlake.
- Property must be used for a commercial purpose.
- Property must be zoned for a commercial use.
- Business must be registered to do business in the State of Texas.
- Funds spent by the business property to replace the required landscape material must have occurred after February 15, 2021.
- One grant will we provided per business property that applies (e.g. shopping center = one grant) and not by individual businesses located within the shopping center.
- Business property must have been impacted by the February 2021 winter storm and provide the following to be reviewed for eligibility:
- An approved landscape plan by the City of Southlake noting what landscape material was replaced.
- A receipt or invoice paid itemizing the landscape material that was replaced and the amount paid.
- A completed application.
- Only landscaping that is required by City ordinance will qualify for reimbursement.
- Business property must be in good standing with the City of Southlake, Tarrant County and other taxing entities.
- A City inspection will be conducted prior to the final approval of the submitted grant application to verify new landscape installation.
To this end, the City Council to provide local business owners additional relief has formed the Southlake Landscape Replacement Reimbursement Grant, a grant that will be funded from the remaining funds that were allocated to the Southlake Business Relief Grant.
The Southlake Landscape Replacement Reimbursement Grant Program will open on October 11, 2021 and continue until December 31, 2021 or funds are depleted.
Review the information below for eligibility requirements. For the adopted Southlake Landscape Replacement Reimbursement Grant Program Resolution, click HERE.
Official Website: Landscape Replacement Reimbursement Grant